The IFP will offer Professors, Ph.D. candidates, Masters students, specialists, undergraduates and professionals an opportunity to have a concrete experience in an international and nongovernmental organization that is actively engaged in international cooperation. With the exchange of know-how between the fellows and IBRAF – as well as its partner institutions – the program aims at empowering the next generation of decision-makers in Brazil and Africa.
Application Deadline: 12th October 2020
About the Award: The IBRAF FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM ON SOUTH-SOUTH AND TRIANGULAR COOPERATION (IFP) aims to overcomes the gap between studying and engaging in international cooperation, taking scholars and professionals to hands on experiences in Brazil in order to explore, understand and disclose good practices and projects in socioeconomic development.
Type: Short course
- Candidates must either be enrolled in an Undergraduate program, have a Bachelor’s Degree or hold an advanced degree (PhD, MPhil., MSc., MA or equivalents) in a relevant field
- Candidates from all nationalities are eligible
- Candidates must be proficient in English
- Female professionals and researchers are encouraged to apply to meet gender parity in the program
- Disabled Individuals are encouraged to apply
To be Taken at (Country): Brazil
Number of Awards: Numerous
Value of Award: Numerous
- IBRAF will offer institutional support for all the aforementioned activities, at its headquarters in Fortaleza and through partner organizations’ offices all over Brazil and the African continent.
- The IFP has the capacity to receive multiple fellows at the same time, with adequate space for working and living. They will each be engaged in one of the three cycles for a determined period, rotating after the completion of each activity.
- Professionals and Researchers will receive, after the completion of the program, an academic certificate issued by the Brazil Africa Institute with due accreditation, plus the title of fellowship alumni.
- At the end of every year, IBRAF will produce a publication, in the form of a book or an e-book, to review, compile and systematize all the knowledge produced by the fellows of the determined period.
- IBRAF, seeking to foster academic production, will promote an amicable competition, and the Fellowship Program’s best and most notable research project will receive a space at the Brazil Africa Forum to showcase its findings.
Duration of Award: The IFP will last up to three months, with visiting fellows staying in Brazil for a minimum of six weeks between January and March of 2021.
How to Apply: For the application process, candidates must send the following documents:
- Official Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Cover Letter in English (max. 1 page)
- Personal Writing Sample of a relevant theme in English (max.3 pages)
- Research Proposal indicating the key-area of preference for the activities, draft title, background, justification and expected outcomes (max. 3 pages)
- Passport pages with personal information and photo