Deadline: July 31, 2020
The Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria, South Africa, is calling for applications for the Master’s degree (LLM) in International Trade and Investment Law in Africa (TILA) for the Class of 2021.
The TILA degree is a unique programme to which 25 to 30 individuals from African countries with a degree allowing access to the legal profession (e.g. LLB or licence en Droit) and preferably experience in the field of trade and investment law are admitted.
The TILA programme is the first of its kind to be offered in Africa and it establishes a higher education and training programme based in and focused on, Africa with full exposure to the international world of trade and investment. The degree was developed under the auspices of the Centre for Human Rights and is presented by the University of Pretoria and the University of the Western Cape in partnership with Makerere University in Uganda, American University Washington College of Law in the USA and the University of Amsterdam and Erasmus University in the Netherlands.
- The Approximate cost for tuition is R100,000 / $6,650 USD. Limited scholarships are available.
- Self-funded students are encouraged to apply for this programme.
- Applicants must be from African countries;
- Applicants must have a degree allowing access to the legal profession;
- Applicants must have excellent academic credentials and should demonstrate interest in International Trade and Investment Law.
The LLM (International Trade and Investment Law in Africa) programme will be taking place at the University of Pretoria in 2021.
Prospective students must apply at the University of Pretoria for the 2021 intake and applications for the 2022 intake at the University of Western Cape will open in 2021.
For more information, visit Centre for Human Rights Scholarship.