The International “Severo Ochoa” PhD Program of the Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is advertising five PhD positions in its 2020 call.
Application Deadline: 15th September 2020
- The program is aimed at international students who have completed one of the following options by September 2020:
- studies that lead to an official Spanish (or from another country of the European Higher Education Area) university degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related areas and that have 300 credits (ECTS), of which at least 60 must correspond to master level.
- a degree in a non-Spanish university not adapted to the European Higher Education Area that gives access to doctoral studies in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related areas.
- Candidates are selected exclusively on merit, on the basis of their curriculum. Academic grades and the curriculum of applicants are evaluated, as well as reference letters and a motivation letter. No selection criteria for positive or negative discrimination are applied.
- Applicants should have obtained a Bachelor degree after January 2017.
- Candidates cannot be in possession of a PhD Degree.
- Candidates cannot have been hired as predoctoral students for more than 12 months before the start of the CRAG “Severo Ochoa” PhD Program
- Candidates cannot have started a pre-doctoral fellowship funded by the Spanish “Plan Estatal de Investigación, Desarrollo e Innovación Tecnológica” or any previous “Plan Nacional”.
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (University): Either the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) or the University of Barcelona (UB).
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: Doctoral students enrolled in this program will obtain their PhD Degree from either the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) or the University of Barcelona (UB) fully funded.
Duration of Award: This is a four-year program beginning in mid 2021.
How to Apply: If interested in applying to the International CRAG “Severo Ochoa” PhD Program, please carefully read the Application requirements and procedure and check out all available projects.