- The Regional Durable Solutions Secretariat (ReDSS) is a coalition of 14 NGOs working in the search of durable solutions in East Africa. ReDSS Regional Secretariat is based in Nairobi with country units in Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya. It is a coordination and information hub that focuses on research and knowledge management, programme support, capacity development, policy dialogue, and internal/external coordination. For more information http://www.regionaldss.org
- The ReDSS Somalia communication and reporting specialist will lead in the development, oversight and maintenance of communication, reporting and learning systems. This includes platforms suitable for internal and external knowledge sharing, communication and trainings. The position will work closely with ReDSS regional communication and learning coordinator and support colleagues in Ethiopia and Kenya.
Grants management and reporting
- Manage the development and revision of funding proposals, budgets and donor reports
- Ensure that grant coordination systems and processes are successfully implemented across the life of the grant. Ensure that key controls are in place to support effective management of the funding portfolio and compliance with the donor requirements
- Develop and maintain overview of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents (including through the grants database – forthcoming)
Production and dissemination of learning and information products
- Operationalize and monitor ReDSS Somalia learning framework and indicators and manage ReDSS learning systems to create, share and apply knowledge to achieve ReDSS objectives
- Compile and synthesize information, manage the production and dissemination of a diverse range of information products, internal and external technical briefs, and one pagers
- Manage the development of learning tools and online tutorials
- Manage and update learning templates, dissemination and uptake plans, SOPs and calendars of events and trainings
Support knowledge sharing, organization of learning events and trainings
- Facilitate and coordinate knowledge sharing encompassing both real time and longer-term lessons learnt processes
- Facilitate and manage preparations for trainings, learning events and workshops to promote cross-learning and carry out dissemination of ReDSS learning tools/evidence as appropriate
Manage ReDSS Somalia communication and branding tools
- Manage ReDSS Somalia web page, and provide and share regular analysis on its use and what to improve
- Support with design of research and learning products
- Produce bi-monthly online newsletters and relevant analytics to ensure its relevance and use
- Maintain ReDSS Somalia contact database and manage all communication and visibility components
This position reports to the Solutions Manager, Somalia
Experience and technical competencies
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- 5-7 years of experience in similar positions involving information management, learning and communications; requiring analysis and presentation of complex information in a simple and accessible manner;
- Strong reporting and writing skills with proven experience in producing high quality report and communication materials
- Solid experience in capacity development of a wide range of actors including adult learning, mentoring and coaching, training of trainers and impact monitoring of capacity development activities
- Excellent coordination, inter-personal and facilitation and communication skills to build trusted relationships with a wide array of humanitarian and development partners, donors, Government agencies, etc.
- Excellent IT command, close familiarity with the maintenance and management of template-style websites, social media platforms and experience of applying ICT (information communications technology) to knowledge management
- Flexibility, proactive engagement, ability to work under pressure and demonstrate high tolerance for change, complexity and unpredictability
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Fluency in spoken and written Somali would be an advantage
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract: One year contract with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. Salary and conditions in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff in Kenya.
Start Date: August 2020
Duty Station: Nairobi, with frequent travel to Somalia
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.