Communications Officer Jobs, Communications Jobs in Kenya, IPPFAR Jobs
- To support the Senior Communications Advisor in ensuring effective communication of IPPFAR’s work which involves the tasks of researching, writing, editing and publishing information about IPPF Africa Region.
- Support the Senior Communication Advisor on the implementation of the communications strategy, development, and roll out of media and PR strategy for ARO and MA
- Work with the Senior Communication Advisor to strengthen partnerships with media outlets and ensure high visibility and coverage of IPPFAR’s events, programmes and activities
- Regularly analyse social media coverage on IPPFAR activities
- Maintain and enhance ARO’s web presence and social media
- Contribute to guidelines on digital, social media best practice for wider use by IPPFAR.
- Prepare publications for the media, members of relevant government ministries and civil society organisations
- Maintain a database of all media organisations and key media personnel in Africa
- Organise specific events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours
- Develop and maintain a strong media network for the regional office, including building relations with journalists in all countries covered by the Regional office
- Follow up with media requests in a timely manner and keep the regional media contact list up to date
- Support the Senior communication Advisor to draft media announcements and releases
- Manage the implementation and delivery of results of the Journalists’ Network Programme
- Foster Member Association (MA) media relations through events such as open days and through involvement in MA initiatives
- Prepare the media for Regional Director’s official visits and meetings
- Ensure that organisation’s initiatives and projects are successfully supported and communicated to staff and key external stakeholders
- Collect articles on best practices within IPPFAR for publication in different media outlets
- Ensure that communication and media documents are archived in an easily retrievable electronic based filing system, including filing photos in line with existing guidelines.
- Prepare periodic reports and summaries for the management on regional media activities.
- Work with the Senior Communications Advisor to identify opportunities for media relation, Develop and maintain support for SHRHR in Africa
- Disseminate regular project updates including drafting success stories, snapshots, before and after pieces, and other communications materials to IPPF Secretariat, IPPF Member Associations, stakeholder and media.
- Work with various departments to ensure that the communications activities calendar is kept up to date in consultation with the Senior Communications Advisor
- Provide support to Senior Communication Advisor in developing high communications content for external and internal use
- Undertake any other duties that might be assigned by the supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should submit a CV and a 1-page cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing date Wednesday 4th March 2020.
If you do not hear from us by 30th June 2020, please assume that your application was not successful.
Quick Read >>> Motivational Tips For Your Job search