Environment Officer Job, County Government Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Terms of Service: Three (3) Year Contract,
Salary and allowances: as per the Salary and Remuneration Commission guidelines,
Duties and Responsibilities at this level shall entail: –
- Participating in the implementation of the county’s environmental policies, plans, projects, programs and activities in line with the departmental core mandate, mission and vision;
- Creating public awareness on environmental issues of the county through programs such as public Barazas, public service week, ASK shows, stakeholder meetings, environmental days and other exhibitions;
- Mobilizing the public to participate in environmental conservation and management activities in the county;
- Liaising with NGOs in coordinating community environmental activities at the implementation sites in the county;
- Documenting and promoting best environmental practices in the county; and
- Supervising garbage collections and cleaning in urban, sub-urban and market centers in the county and ensuring safe disposal of the solid and liquid waste.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Served in the grade of Environment Officer II or a comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Environmental Sciences/Studies, Environmental Planning and Management, Environmental Engineering, Natural Resource Sciences, Waste Management, Forestry, Geology, Hydrology, Geo-Information science, Chemistry, Biology; or any other relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Post Graduate qualification in Environmental Management field, EIA or its equivalent;
- A certificate in computer application; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How To Apply
The applicants should download the application for Employment form “VCPSB/APP.01A-2018” on the official County Website, complete it and submit to the undersigned on or before Tuesday 4th August, 2020 at 5pm.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 880-50300
QUEENS ARCADE BUILDING MBALE TOWN
ALONG KISUMU KAKAMEGA ROAD
- Attach your ID card , Academic, Professional or any other documents to the application form
- County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer and encourages People Living with Disabilities, Youth and Women to apply.
- County Public Service Board does not charge any recruitment fee whatsoever. Do Not Pay Money to Fraudsters because Our services are absolutely free
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
- Those with certificates from foreign institutions must have them certified by the relevant authority.