Internet Deployment Technician Jobs, IT Jobs In Kenya, Lightwire Group Jobs
Lightwire Group is the fastest growing ISP Company in the region. We are a highly innovative company founded in 2016 with the vision to enable affordable mass-market communications in developing countries. Lightwire Group believes that by empowering people with the internet, they can actively drive digital inclusion across Africa. Lightwire Group is deploying the most cost-effective internet service in Kenya, with the aim of providing the cheapest access to content and internet to low income members of society. It is envisaged that the business will grow to over 150 networks across several countries in East Africa in the coming years.
We Are Hiring A: Internet Deployment Technician
You will be reporting to the Network Engineer. You will Install outdoor and indoor fixed wireless access infrastructures and public Wi-Fi access points. Cable and install equipment for Home connections.
Deployment of point to Point Microwave links.
Support network activities of the Operations & Maintenance team.
Perform surveys at new sites, new Multi and Single tenants’ buildings
- Deployment of fixed internet access to multi-tenant and single tenant housing units
- Deployment of public Wi-Fi access points
- Resolution of any technical problems that are reported within the first 48 hours of an installation
- Observance of the Health & Safety standards set by the company
- Meet your daily targets as set by the company.
This role has an exciting commission structure that allows you to have NO LIMIT to what you can earn! You will start off with a monthly retainer of Ksh.10, 000/- (Ten Thousand Shillings Only) plus commissions that are directly linked to every installations you make.
- Reside in Ongata-Rongai-Kajiado County
- Experience of working on the ground in Ongata-Rongai and the environs.
- Know-how of typical telecoms infrastructures (towers and rooftops). Modus operandi (access to sites, work at a live mobile site, H&S requirements of working on third party site.
- You will possess a Diploma/ Bachelors Degree in Telecommunication Engineering or related field and a minimum of 1 year’s related experience in the telecommunications or internet industry.
- You must demonstrate hands on experience in telecoms deployment: Wi-Fi, WiMAX, Fibre, Microwave and/or Mobile sites installations
- You must be able to demonstrate successful experience of sizeable network deployments and operations
- You must be able to teach members the skills that you mastered
- You must be able to work at heights
- Have excellent customer focus & service skills, with a strong ability to clearly articulate customer needs
- Be able to assist troubleshooting with assistance from team leader
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and guidance and delivering them through to a successful conclusion
- Have knowledge of Health & Safety.
- Demonstrate ability to interact with customers at their premises
- Ability to work in a team group
- You must be available for travel if needed.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your cv and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the position on the subject line. Deadline for submission is on 21st February 2020.