Legal Officer Job, Latest Legal Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Legal Officer
Reporting to: Legal & Compliance Manager
Metropolitan Cannon General Insurance Ltd is a member of MMI Holdings Limited, a global player in Health, Life and Short term Insurance, and operating in Africa, South East Asia, India and the UK. The Short-Term Business (General Business) is seeking to fill the above listed position with a dynamic, forward thinking achiever with expertise in the General Insurance field. The Legal Officer will provide legal support to the business and negotiate claims with third parties.
- Interpret legal documents, contracts and or
- Identify breaches of contract and commence recovery proceedings under the guidance of the Legal manager.
- Give legal opinion and interpretation and application of all insurances covers issued by the company
- In respect of claims arising out of insurance cover provided, give legal opinion supported by case history and assist the claims department in handling the same
- Conduct legal research and peruse court
- Negotiate claims with third parties on behalf of the company with a view to reaching amicable settlement.
- Institute legal proceedings through third party providers on behalf of the company in claims, debt recovery and any other correspond both written and oral with external Advocates, third party Advocates and
- Coordinate all legal work given to external lawyers to ensure fast and favorable conclusion
- Maintain data of all legal matters including cases refereed to external
- File court documents in both the High Courts and Subordinate courts as
- LLB degree
- Admission to the bar as an Attorney / Advocate
- Over 3 years working experience in a busy Legal Services Environment primarily handling insurance related matters
- Sound legal and commercial drafting skills
- Broad knowledge of local legislature that touch on the business of the company
- Ability to handle confidential information
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to forward their cover letter, curriculum vitae and relevant academic testimonials via email only to email@example.com by 13th July 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.