Librarian Jobs, Librarian Jobs in Kenya, Tharaka University Jobs
GRADE: 11 ( 1 POST)
Responsible to: Section Head
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise staff under the section.
- Identify and acquire publishers and manufacturers catalogues selection.
- Solicit for inspection copies from publishers.
- Maintain and coordinate book selection with teaching departments.
- Provide feedback on selection made by teaching departments.
- Source and procure selected materials, stores and equipment.
- Catalogue and classify library materials.
- Maintain and distribute accession lists.
- Register and compile user profiles.
- Charge and implement fines on over-dues, losses and damages.
- Facilitate inter library loans services, information and reference services.
- Loan operations establishing and maintaining national collections.
- Compile journal holdings.xiv. Compile user statistics.
- Any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Masters in library and information studies or its equivalent from recognized institution.
- Be Computer literate
- Exemplary work performance
- 3 years’ experience as Senior Library Assistant I or its equivalent
How To Apply
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of application letters giving details of their age, Education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s day telephone and email address, and enclosing duly certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable
about the applicants’ competence accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applicants should request their referees to write and send their confidential recommendation letters on their behalf directly to the undersigned. The name and the reference number of the position for which application is made should be clearly
indicated on the envelope. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday 6th March, 2020 at 5 p.m.
THARAKA UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
P.O BOX 193-60215
Quick Read>>> How To Write A Professional CV