P4hpt Ph.D. and Masters Scholarships for African Students is targeted at African students who want to pursue a high degree (Ph.D. and Masters), to provide them with aid to achieve their dream.
Partnering for Health Professionals Training in African Universities (P4HPT) is an EU-funded project under the Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme which aims at building the capacity of health professionals with a view to expand the health workforce size in the target countries and subsequently improve the well-being of communities.
Partnering for Health Professionals Training in African Universities (P4HPT), an EU funded project under the Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme is offering Ph.D. and masters scholarships for African students. The programme awards scholarships to postgraduate students and staff from various African countries to study at one of the partner institutions. There are 41 full-time Masters Scholarships and 18 full-time Ph.D. Scholarships.
PhD and Masters programme at one of the partner institutions: University of Ghana (Ghana), Makerere University (Uganda), Uganda Martyrs University (Uganda), Stellenbosch University (South Africa), University of Nairobi (Kenya), Moi University (Kenya), Eduardo Mondlane University (Mozambique), University of Burundi (Burundi), University of Juba (South Sudan), University of Lesotho (Lesotho), and Catholic University of Bukavu (Democratic Republic of Congo).
MSc./MPhil in Applied Health Social Sciences, M. Phil Anatomy, Master of Nursing (Midwifery and Women’s Health), Masters of Public Health (MPH), MSc. Health Services Management, Masters of Dental Surgery in Pediatric Dentistry, Masters of dental surgery in Prosthodontics, Master of Dental Surgery in Periodontology, Masters of Dental surgery in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, Masters in Cytopathology, Masters in Microbiology, Masters in Virology, MSC International Health Research Ethics (masters programme) and for PhD programme in Public Health, Health Sciences, Medical Microbiology, Haematological Pathology.
Partnering for Health Professionals Training in African Universities (P4HPT) an European Commission funded project
| Ghana, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Burundi, South Sudan, Lesotho and the Democratic Republic of Congo
P4hpt Ph.D. and Masters Scholarships are targeted for Students from Ghana, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, South Sudan, Lesotho (Target Group 1) and all African countries except from partner countries (Target Group 2) can apply for these scholarships.
‣ Award No: There are 41 full-time masters scholarships and 18 full-time Ph.D. scholarships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is awarded for up to 24 months for masters program; 48 months for a doctoral program and up to 6 months for staff.
‣ Scholarship covers: The P4hpt Ph.D. and Masters Scholarships cover :
To apply for P4hpt Ph.D. and Masters Scholarships, applicants are required to meet the requirements based on the target group
‣ Target Group 1: Applicants must be nationals and/or residents in one of the following countries – Ghana, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, South Sudan, Lesotho
‣ Target Group 2: African nationals and residents registered in a higher education institution of African countries not included in the partnership, or who have obtained a higher education institution degree or equivalent from an institution of these countries.
Specific countries mentioned are Sudan, Mali, Togo, Cameroon, and Zimbabwe,
‣ Candidates are to complete two (2) applications simultaneously for admission into the programme at the respective institution and for scholarship;
a) Application for Admission – Visit the website of any of the partner institutions for guidelines on how to apply for admission and/or visit www.ug.edu.gh/p4hpt for details to visit application sites of partner institutions.
Scholarships will only be offered to candidates who have gained admission to the respective partner institution.
23:59 GMT on Monday, 5th June, Yearly.