Quality Assurance Manager Job, Current Quality Assurance Jobs In Kenya,
JOB TITLE: QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
NATURE OF JOB: FULL TIME
INDUSTRY: FOOD MANUFACTURING
SALARY: 150K-250K NEGOTIABLE
JOB LOCATION: LIMURU, KENYA
Our client, in the food manufacturing industry is looking to recruit an experienced Quality Assurance Manager (QAM)). This role supports Company Operations by ensuring adherence to established quality parameters by every department, and enforcing quality standards across the company; testing materials and products and discovering opportunities for improving working conditions and executing the Companies Health & Safety programs.
- Approval of chemical and microbiological tests on all the raw materials and finished products to ensure that they meet the company and other relevant statutory standards.
- Inspecting and approving all the incoming materials according to company specifications.
- Inspecting and approving all the finished products according to specifications.
- Developing company standards on the raw materials and end products in consultation with the Research and Development Manager.
- Supervision of on line quality tests and taking or advising the relevant personnel on corrections or corrective actions where the products or processes are found to be non -conforming.
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures for production processes and hygiene requirements in consultation with the relevant departments, and ensuring that the developed operating procedures are adhered to at all times to consistently achieve the set quality standards.
- Development of ISO standards as a Management Representative and Food Safety Team Leader.
- Evaluating warehousing and distribution conditions on shelf life of the company products.
- Waste management and control / NEMA / Energy Audits management.
- To inform, update and train the production personnel in the operation of a clean plant for the manufacture of safe and acceptable quality products.
- Customer complaints: Working closely with both the Marketing and Research and Development to ensure that all the customer complaints regarding quality of products are resolved satisfactorily.
- Recording and reporting quality control evaluation results to the top management.
- Ensuring that the government regulations on Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental issues, KEBS, US FDA, UKAS are met.
- Training in Food safety, and conducting internal as well as external audits.
- Managing hygiene standards including Covi-19 Awareness and Control within the company.
- Development of SOP for QA and external contractors, Security issues.
- Reporting and analyzing the Quality parameters in the ERP.
- Ensure that all machines comply with all statutory issues/calibration.
- Managing hygiene standards including Covid-19 Awareness and Control within the company.
- Help in Kaizen, energy management implementation and other change programs.
Key Result Areas
- Chemical/ Microbiological test approval.
- Evaluation of incoming raw material/packaging materials.
- Evaluation of finished products.
- Development of company standard.
- Development of operating procedures/ISO 22000.
- Online quality Assurance.
- Development and up gradation of ISO standard.
- Waste management control.
- Plant hygiene.
- Customer complaints.
- QA report to top management.
- Occupational health and safety.
- External audit of suppliers.
- SOP related to QA.
- Machines calibration requirements.
- Maintaining Sanitation dept.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science.
- Master’s Degree will be an added Advantage.
- In depth knowledge of modern Quality Management Systems and Process.
- Working Knowledge of regulatory legislation on Safety, Health and Environment management.
- 10 years’ experience 4 of which should have been spent in as similar position.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.