Senior Director Delivery Jobs, Current Director Jobs 2020, PSC Jobs,
SIX (6) POSTS
Salary Scale: Kshs. 166,780 – Ksh. 322,040 p.m. (CSG 4)
House Allowance: Ksh.80, 000 p.m
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.24, 000p.m
Leave: 30 days per year
Medical Cover: As per existing medical scheme for the civil service
Terms of Service: Permanent/ Local Agreement
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
- be serving in the grade of Director, Delivery (CSG 5) or at the level of Director (CSG 5) in the public service or in a comparable and relevant position within a delivery setup in a reputable organization;
- have a Bachelors degree in any of the following fields: Economics, Project Management, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Building/Land Economics, Law, Engineering or any other related field from a university recognized in Kenya;
- have a Masters degree in any of the following fields: Economics, Project Management, Business Administration, Finance, Law or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya; and
- have demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance and exhibited a thorough understanding of national development policies, goals and objectives and the ability to relate them to realization of the Big 4 agenda.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Director, Delivery will be reporting to the Secretary, Delivery for smooth operations of the Presidential Delivery Unit (PDU). Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail coordination of flagship programmes and the development priorities that include the ‘Big four Agenda’. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- overseeing the development, review and implementation of relevant policies, strategies, guidelines, standards and regulations;
- coordinating delivery of government programmes and projects under various Ministries/State Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and further engage with the respective stakeholders on the implementation status;
- providing advisories to address the challenges that hinder project delivery;
- preparing and submiting reports on the programmes and project implementation status that inform the President’s decision-making process on flagship projects and prorammes
- formulating strategies and policy papers to inform the government on implementation plans for various projects;
- developing risk matrices on a continuous basis for various projects to inform the cabinet decisions;
- establish networks and linkages with the relevant stakeholders;
- be responsible for developing the departmental work plans, managing research, managing mediations, adjudication and resolution of disputes ensuring compliance with principles and values of good governance, transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity; and
- overseeing performance management and overall management and development of staff in the department.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 6th July 2020 latest by 5.00 pm (East African Time)